January 21, 2012

The perfect gift idea for a family man to his wife

If you're like me, the challenge of finding the perfect gift for your wife can be a daunting, but ultimately rewarding, endeavor.

Sure, there are the old standbys: flowers, chocolates, gift certificates. They bring a smile to her face, they're appreciated. But honestly they lack personality, thoughtfulness, and originality. I've given all these to my wife and I know she likes them, but I really love wowing her. I love giving her that gift that takes her breath away or puts a tear in her eye.

I think I got it right this past Christmas.

I asked my friend and fellow blogger Lindsay at Mulberry Street Productions to put together a montage of our wedding day photos and video. She didn't disappoint. This is what I gave my wife:


This video not only was a hit with my wife, it was great for me. I look back at our wedding day in my mind's eye and I see highlights: How beautiful she looked walking down the aisle; our vows; our mom's messages to us; the ukelele; dancing out of the church; the best man speech; our first dance; sneaking outside during the reception to look in on the scene of happiness (a piece of advice given to us by Lindsay, actually) But when I saw the montage for the first time I was able to see little details of those moments that my own (poor) memory has now glazed over. I got to relive the day.

It's been said many times by many people, but the greatest things in life aren't things at all. They're the people we love. That's why this video is something my wife and I will treasure for the rest of our lives. It's a perfect representation of our happiest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment